Why choose The Patchwork Bear to make your custom keepsake?
The Patchwork Bear has been trusted to turn your favorite clothes into keepsakes since 2005 and understand your clothing is irreplaceable- full of stains and memories. We take the utmost care of your clothes in every step of the process from receiving the clothes, to design, to creation and delivery.
We know it is difficult to send your clothes away to be cut up, but you can trust that our talented design team will transform them into a keepsake you will love. We get to know you through the clothes you send and our goal is to create custom products from clothing that will bring back happy memories.
If OPRAH trusts us, you can too! In 2017, we were thrilled to have our Memory Bear chosen as one of Oprah's Favorite Things.
What makes us stand out:
- We are an established, independently mom-owned company and have been trusted to make clothing keepsakes for over 15 years. Don't trust your clothes with just anyone! We are the ORIGINAL clothing keepsake company- don't settle for anyone else. We pride ourselves on our designs and quality workmanship.
- We encourage your input on the design of your keepsake and welcome you to pin notes on clothes with special requests. They are your memories and we love when you share them with us so we can be sure the design incorporates them.
- You can rest assured after sending your clothes that they will be received and signed for in person at a secure, indoor facility. No packages are ever dropped off outside. We take great care from start to finish.
- Each product we make is created in our Princeton, New Jersey studio with a mix of machine and hand-sewing. We also stabilize and hand-cut each pattern piece for accurate placement of graphics/logos on your clothes. No die cuts or machine cutting!
- Our products have received numerous awards and recognition, notably the Creative Child Product of the Year and Oprah's Favorite Things List.
- We don't cut corners to save money. We use a premium cotton stabilizer on all clothes to add durability and longevity to each piece. We use traditional quilting techniques on our quilts. Other companies simply sew a fleece backing to the top- don't trust your clothes to this method! We stabilize each piece, hand-cut and machine sew the top then sandwich the quilt top with 100% cotton batting for warmth and 100% cotton backing. All three layers are then machine-quilted and bound together for a quality finished quilt. This makes for a durable, professional quilt that will last as an instant family heirloom.
- We LOVE what we do! We love that you trust us with your clothing and take pride in creating keepsakes that will bring back many happy memories!